Do all people equate football with snack time? I certainly do. I’d say my love for football is has a direct relation to the amount of tasty beer and snacks around me. Don’t get my wrong – I love watching the Seahawks on a frosty fall morning (especially when they win!). But Derek is a big football guy and by the 3rd or 4th game of the day, my interest wanes. So THANK GOODNESS for Dairy Free Hatch Chile Corn Dip!
I think part of the reason I’ve grown to love football – besides actually understanding what’s going on – is the sense of camaraderie. Don’t you feel a kinship hurrying through Fred Meyers with the other frazzled faces, desperate to finish their honey-do lists or grabbing a six-pack and chips, when you’re still at the store about fifteen minutes till kickoff? Everyone’s racing home to do the same thing. Sort of like presidential debates, except way more fun.
HOT DIP is king in the snack world. Living that dairy free life leaves you dip-less farrr to often. Well friends, I’m here to tell you its still possible burn all the skin off the roof of your mouth – without a lick of lactose.
This hot dairy free dip is perfecto for all times. Like now – when hatch chile season is coming to a close and you are stocking up on as many chilies as you can carry out the sto (hand raised). You can make this dip with any roasted green chiles, but fresh is always best, and the bit of heat on the hatch chilies is key.
Next time I’m gonna try it with chorizo too or maybe use it to make nachos…or with a taco bar set up. Hope you like it!
Dairy Free Hot Corn Dip with Hatch Chiles
- 1 cup chilis once chopped - 1 lb hatch chiles roasted
- 3/4 cup coconut cream - top of one can
- 1/2 package silken tofu, - 7 oz
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 cloves fresh pressed garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 can yellow corn
- 2 tbsp green salsa
- Cilantro, - chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine tofu, coconut cream, garlic, lime juice, spices, salt and pepper in a blender and blend to combine
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in corn, chopped and roasted chiles, mayo and salsa.
- Scoop dip into cast iron or other oven safe skillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir and cook for 5 more
- Top with cilantro and serve hot!