Bourbon cocktail for people who don’t love bourbon!
For those of you who are wondering why you would mix a bourbon cocktail if you don’t like bourbon – that is GREAT question. This drink was born for these three reasons:
- Old Fashioneds are great – flavor-wise. But where are the bubbles? Are we even celebrating if there’s no fizz?
- Bourbon drinks are STRONG. I mean, each sip of an old fashioned feels like a shot. No? (are you all nodding wondering why I’m implying this is a bad thing?). This cocktail says Happy Hour – instead of nap time.
- Bourbon is always leftover. No one is powering through bottles of bourbon. Ok some people are, but not at my house. The brown liquor does not love us. So – here it sits.
Know what we DO go through? Hard Cider. I love a super dry hard cider. So this one is a mixture of it all. Fresh and bubbly from the cider, with a smooth semi-old fashioned finish.
But let’s get real – the best thing about this bourbon blood orange cocktail is the color. I think God made blood oranges solely for their intragram-ability.
Get into it people. If you feel a little college mixing your boozes – that’s ok. Some people call it “college drinking” other people call it “economical”.
Blood Orange, Bourbon and Hard Cider Fizz
- 1/2 blood orange, - juiced
- 1 oz bourbon
- Super Dry Hard Cider
- Add ice to a glass, juice the orange directly into the glass, add one ounce of bourbon, top with cider.