Your appetizer board on Pinterest is BRIMMING with showstoppers but somehow, you’re always running late and grabbing whatever you see first at the grocery store on your way to the party.
AM. I. RIGHT?
You’re feeling me, yes. And truthfully – no one cares! Glass of wine in hand and anything passes as an appetizer.
ok BUT – don’t you just love the ooos n’ awes when you show up with something homemade?
people love that shit.
So – next time try this, you’ll feel like a baller.
Step 1: Keep a can of white beans in your pantry. at all times.
Step 2: I don’t know about the rest of the U.S., but in Seattle – walk around the neighborhood and you will pass like ten GIANT rosemary bushes. Snap off a twig while you’re walking the dog and put it in your pocket. (Some call it stealing, I call it urban foraging)
Step 3: You have olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper. right?
Step 4: You need a lemon. If you don’t have one, grab one when you stop for wine on the way.
- in a cute bowl alongside your fave cracker
- top toasted sliced baguette rounds
- how about just as a snack or lunch – just throw it on some greens, in a bibb lettuce cup, or with cucumbers and tomatoes.
White Bean Salad with Rosemary
- 1 can white beans – (Navy, Cannellini, or Great Northern)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, – minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, – shaved
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- strain and thoroughly rinse beans and set aside in strainer while you prep remaining items
- place beans, minced rosemary, shaved garlic (or use a garlic press), chili flakes, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- juice the whole lemon and add olive oil
- stir, taste, adjust to your liking